Skip to main content

Franz Wright, Facebook on May 27th, 2009

Franz Wright, Facebook on May 27th, 2009

"What I would say is this: writing a poem does not make you a poet. Again, what makes a poet a real poet is so utterly simple that if you have to grope for a way to say it, there is a problem. In my opinion, it's like saying what makes someone a real doctor. You are on call at every moment of the day. You don't hear about an emergency and say, "sorry, I finished buying this car, be with you in a while"... 

...There is nothing complex about it (wanting to be a poet). You find you have a talent for writing. Many do. Then you make the development of that talent the first thing in your life, no matter what else you may do (same way a great athlete might, for example.) you never put it on the "back burner" for anything. That is one thing that separates the nuts from the shells." 


Popular posts from this blog

Flower Drawing

Thank you very much for decorating with my drawing in the best spot. My art is available at Etsy.

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen"

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen" 
My poetry chapbook "Home, No Home" is available at Amazon, Educe Press, and Etsy.
Recent Graphic Poetry Project : Kotobuki 7

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.