Skip to main content

The Dark by Lemony Snicket



Story by Lemony Snicket
Art by Jon Klassen 
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Four out of Five Stars

But one night--
it did.

"Laszlo," the dark said, in the dark.

***
I am afraid of the dark. I cannot go to the bathroom without turning on all the lights in the apartment along the way. I occasionally scream in the middle of the night when I sleep. (Last time, I screamed when I visited my pregnant sister in Tokyo. I hallucinated and saw a little person dancing. Please note: I am not addicted to anything.) 

Laszlo, the main character, is afraid of the dark. But his curiosity is stronger than his fear of opening a chest in a dark corner of the basement. After reading this book, I am still afraid of the dark. I would not go downstairs in the middle of night; even though the dark is actually friendly and meaningful. It is exciting & mysterious, and a story with a happy ending. Laszlo stops being afraid of the dark. The illustration is simple, but creepy with the details of old houses & redish-stains. I should have not read this book on a stormy night...



Popular posts from this blog

Flower Drawing

Thank you very much for decorating with my drawing in the best spot. My art is available at Etsy.

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen"

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen" 
My poetry chapbook "Home, No Home" is available at Amazon, Educe Press, and Etsy.
Recent Graphic Poetry Project : Kotobuki 7

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.