Skip to main content

Day 9: Tupelo Press 30/30 Poetry Project ( National Poetry Month)


ROOM 1503 IN PARIS
..........After “The Picasso Effect” exhibition at the Art Institute Chicago

Grandmother jumped from the fifteenth
floor to pick up a ten yen coin.
My socks were wet
and I did not wear wool
clothes in the coldest European
winter. I flapped a white
sheet over a king-size bed. Grandfather said,
It is shameful for the Japanese
to leave the coin on the streets.
Grandmother opened
a window pane. My toes were frostbitten.
And then
we ate roast beef overflowing
a golden plate. Grandmother said,
His story is 99% made-up and 1% lie.
Grandmother curled her hair
with a wig to hide her bald spot.

***




Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.