Skip to main content

Day 24: Tupelo Press 30/30 Poetry Project ( National Poetry Month)


UNTITLED

When there is no 
poem in a starless night,

I search for a water lily. I follow 
the long radish roots into a deep

pond. No light. No life, 

but I hear my heart beating. 

I want to breathe one more time.

Then the water beads 

rise against gravity to the lighthouse. 
Plumes of iridescent 

dust fall onto my legs. I stand 

and watch first the moon, 
and then the earth slowly 

disappear into the dark matter. 
Everything is like crushed 

green eggshells in my hand.

After the small particles 
smolder, another 

cosmic explosion swirls.

I celebrate 

being a part of it.



**Please Support and Donate*** 
(When you donate, please kindly put my name)




Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.