Skip to main content

Day 22: Tupelo Press 30/30 Poetry Project ( National Poetry Month)


Clean the Closet on Non-Working Day

“Is it so stupid typing barcode numbers?” 
I said when I vacuumed. 

I want to play Debussy 
in the city hall of an emerald city, 

but my 220 lb butt is filled with filtered 
office water; though I try not to snack 

on the peanuts at my desk. I toss 
torn black stockings. Fifteen

jeans are on a shelf and I cannot 
fit in them. I am extremely jealous 

of the sinking woman who drowned 
after she sang a love song. She was opera-fat but 

beautiful in the winter lake. Yet, 

I have not recognized her loneliness 
and vexation of not being a wife. 

“Still vacuuming?” you looked into the closet. 



**Please Support and Donate*** 
(When you donate, please kindly put my name)




Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.