Skip to main content

Day 18: Tupelo Press 30/30 Poetry Project ( National Poetry Month)

JAPANESE APRICOT WINE

My mother makes Japanese 
apricot wine every April.

She places the bottles in a dark 
corner of the kitchen cabinet. On a plain 

table, a handful of fruits are piled. She puts 
daffodils in a vase, but her room is always 

gray at the hospice. After I brush her long 
hair, she says, “They taste good this year.”

Tonight, when cosmic dust falls 

into Jupiter, I open her last bottle. The sweet 
smell spreads in the room like a cloudy 

green nebula. I pray that stars 
upon stars scatter in her breasts 

and vaporize those overflowing cells…
  
The half eaten apricot is 

brown. 

She leaves it behind.



**Please Support and Donate*** 
(When you donate, please kindly put my name)




Popular posts from this blog

Flower Drawing

Thank you very much for decorating with my drawing in the best spot. My art is available at Etsy.

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen"

Graphic Poetry Project - "How to Choke Myself in the Ugly Kitchen" 
My poetry chapbook "Home, No Home" is available at Amazon, Educe Press, and Etsy.
Recent Graphic Poetry Project : Kotobuki 7

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.