Skip to main content

2 DAYS LEFT!!

Day 28: Tupelo Press 30/30 Poetry Project ( National Poetry Month)

The Condition of 1992

The best bread I ever had was seventeen years ago.
My grandfather drove a red
scooter and stole from an alley;
expired crusts for pigeons in Tokugawa park.
My parents still own
an apartment near that park. Dew softened
sakura-leaves,
I used to press the white petals in a zoography book
between the pages on tufted puffin.
I read about the bird in the evening, 1992.
Then my grandfather had a stroke.
My sister and I ate McDonald’s using ten dollars each,
worried about the sleeping pigeons. No crusts.
We sat on our parent’s bed. The moth wings
scattered where tufted puffin lives.


**Please Support and Donate*** 
(When you donate, please kindly put my name)


Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.