Skip to main content

CARRYING MY 237LBS IN A DANCE STUDIO -- Poem

CARRYING MY 237LBS IN A DANCE STUDIO

Yes, I eat three
gallons of clam chowder with French
pink sponges. Though
I have a baguette in a basket, it will never
fill me. My dance teacher asks,

How do you express love in front of the waterfall?

I spread my arms and thighs to make
a circle. My eyes are sunk
into floppy cheeks. My legs
trip and I fall into the water. A catfish

blows bubbles by my ears. The trouble
is my purple leotard. It is tight
around my neck to remind me I am not loved.

When my body drifts to the beach, seagulls scatter.

You are under a warm sheet with an anonymous woman, hearing nothing.

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.