Skip to main content

ETERNAL SILVER-- Prose Poem

ETERNAL SILVER
after Japan, 3/11/2011

A woman lies with diapers full of sea water. Her legs remind me of a giant rubber band I shot in math class, summer 1993. I shot it at you, a love note landing on your thigh. I wanted for you to return it so my palm could feel your fingers like drops of eternal silver. That day spiderworts lined the streets in puddles going home. Your eye sockets were full of mud. “I cannot see my future,” you said as you plucked the rubber band. I stand up shouting, “Are you alright?” There is a baby underneath her. I smell my warm sweat.

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.