Skip to main content

AMPERSAND -- Prose Poem

AMPERSAND

I play Nazareth’s tango while you flap my yellow dress & hang it on the blue balcony. Your hands are dry like an entangled fish when its scales fall away after an ebb tide. You collect fish bones & line them up on a silver plate like a glockenspiel. A white fish is steamed in the red pot. I like to eat it with pepper & yuzu-citrus. Raindrops beat on the kitchen windows & insensible pavement. Here in the Midwest, I don’t smell rain like that. You look in the mirror at a lump in your breast & I live in rain years.

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.