Skip to main content
"7:30PM, RHAPSODY" was accepted by Alchemy Magazine of Literature & Art.


***
7:30PM, RHAPSODY

I pour oil. I fry perch,


minced onions and carrots.....and I
think of drowning in a car. My fists

bang on the windshield.

I haven’t turned off the stove.

My eyeballs float like loosed
white balloons. They search out

camellia in the water light. I must

recite Brahms’ rhapsody before my brain
numbs, before the perch shed their silver

scales in an upright piano

filled with darkening lake. No

bubbles. No words squeeze out of my throat.

I forget my Japanese name......I forget
I was once in my mother’s womb. My lungs

finally resign......Smoke alarm. I burned the fish.

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Best Sellers : Best Asian American Poetry #11

Thank you very much for purchasing my poetry chapbook, "Home, No Home". I am really REALLY thankful for your support.

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"

Graphic Poetry - "White Avenue"
Previous project - "On a Black Hill" This collection will be available from Tupelo Press.